I just realized that I didn’t ever tell you guys… I finished my Moon River!
And it actually turned out pretty great! (Massive, but pretty great, none the less.)
I think the last time I talked about this project, I was crying about losing at yarn chicken. Well, I ripped back a significant portion, and re-knit it (a couple times actually… it was very frustrating), and eventually figured out that the only way I was going to make it to the end was if I changed the bind off I was doing.
I had been doing a 2-stitch picot edge, which made lovely, elegant points, but used up a ton of yarn. I had to change to a less yarn-intensive bind off. So I ripped back a couple feet (it’s a massive shawl, and I didn’t want to rip back the whole thing), and re-bound-off with a 1-stitch picot edge.You can see where I changed my bind-off technique here. It looks a little silly if you look too closely, but I figure that once I have it on, no one will notice.
But, I managed to weave in all the ends and get the shawl blocked, and I couldn’t be more pleased with the result.