You want to know what’s really wild?
This is my 1000th post.
I know! I don’t believe it either.
It’s been (almost) 9 years since I started the blog, and in that time I’ve:
- Published 100 patterns (which I didn’t realize until I sat down to count them right now!) Some of them are… questionable, but some of them I’m really proud of. My most popular pattern (Socks by the Numbers) has been knit up more than 500 times according to Ravlery! (Unfortunately, my photography hasn’t improved much over the intervening years.)
- Written 1000 posts. Sometimes I feel like I’m just letting my inner (knitting) monologue blurp out onto the screen, but sometimes I feel fairly insightful.
- Knit close to 300 projects (assuming my Ravlery count is accurate… which I can’t imagine it is).
And, in my personal life in that time I’ve:
- Bought and moved into our current house.
- Changed “day jobs” 3 times.
- Got a dog.
- Made 2 kids and keep them warm with more woolens than they know what to do with.
- Survived at home for approximately one million years with said dog and children.
It’s certainly been a wild ride. Thanks for taking it with me. Here’s to a thousand more!
Congratulations for publishing so many patterns, knitting even more, purchasing your own home, surviving a long time being at home at close quarters with kids and pets!
You should be proud of yourself 🙂
Wow! Congratulations! Thanks for letting us come along for the ride. 🙂 Oh, and remember that February Lady sweater you knit, decided didn’t look good on you, and frogged to make something else? That photo is now the featured one for February Lady on Ravelry…lol.
Congratulations on1000 posts and 100 published patterns– –that”s wild in good way! You have accompished so much. I always look forward to reading your posts; they give me sparkling joy. The hats you made for your two boys are beautiful.