So, Netflix pretty much thinks I’m a family consisting of:
1. A 60 year old woman (documentaries-Jiro Dreams of Sushi is fantastic)
2. A guy in his 20s (sci-fi movies-anything Star Trek–related is great)
3. A 17 year old girl (romantic period dramas-Um, Pride and Prejudice? Obviously.)
4. A middle-aged man (procedural cop dramas-Any show that has “Law and Order” in the title is good by me. Also, I just discovered there is a “Law and Order: UK.” I think I know what I’m doing this weekend.)
5. A 12 year old boy (cartoons-It’s kind of embarrassing, but Adventure Time is actually really good.)
My “Recommended” queue is always a little multiple-personality-ish.
One show that appeals to the most of my personalities is a really hilarious cartoon called “Bob’s Burgers.” I think it airs on Fox, but I’m not sure. Anyway, the second season just showed up on Netflix about a month ago, and I couldn’t recommend it more. It’s a family-sitcom-type cartoon (like the Simpsons when they were good), about a family that runs a burger joint. They get into shenanigans, and are generally hilarious. It’s a really smart show, with really great writing.
But the most important part about “Bob’s Burgers” is the character of Mr. Frond (the kids’ guidance councilor) is a knitter! Here he’s making a pink scarf. (He even has a yarn bowl!)
He runs into Linda (the kids’ mom) at the art store, buying yarn:
And best of all, he has this fantastic sweater:
Be like Mr. Frond and make yourself an awesome sweater. You could use this pattern, a really simple stockinet turtleneck sweater. You could then add on the words with a duplicate stitch or a really careful fair isle.
Knittaz 4 Life!